Monday, January 4, 2010

Am I the only one.......

My life is finally getting into a routine, but for some reason I still can't find a way to get ahead of all my chores and projects.
Like today, I got the kids off to school, went to the gym, came home, rocked Jackson and layed him down for a nap, then started cleaning. While I am cleaning, I am thinking...."today is going to be the day....today I am going to clean everything....today I will get more than the kitchen and laundry done...." As I am half way through mopping the kitchen floor, I look at the clock and realize Carson will be home from Kindergarten in a few minutes. I make him a quick lunch at the same time detailing my grand plan in my mind on how I am still going to get so much done.....and then Jackson wakes up from his nap....."OH yeah, this is why I never get anything done! Why do I somehow always forget that it is not my schedule? Someday I guess I need to clean my room first and have the rest of my house look like 3 boys live here.
I'm just wondering if I am the only one that feels this way???

I guess when I am old and my kids are gone, I will sit in my sparkling clean house and wish they would come mess something up.....

7 comments:

PRP said...

I'm the exact same way!

Someday, Amanda, someday!

Britani said...

You definitely aren't the only one who feels that way!!!

Candis said...

no my friend, i feel the same way. it seems like just when i get it clean it's a mess. sometimes i wonder why i even bother.

Stowell Family Blog said...

I feel that way every single day. Little boys are like mice, you know exactly were they've been because they leave a trail of little terds. In my case, it;s toys, crumbs, socks, games, and there's always that sticky residue I can never identify... I could go on and on. But what would we do without them?

~ Katie said...

I go through this everyday. It helps me a ton if my boys have everything picked up from the floor through the entire house the night before. I also try to have the floor swept and chairs up so I can mop early. There is my 2 cents. But most of the time once my boys are home within 30 mins, you would never guess that it was clean. And I completely agree with you when we are older.....we will definitely want them to come home and mess something up. : ) Maybe that will be the grandkids.

T, A, H1, H2, H3 said...

agree!

Sara Jensen said...

This is a constant struggle for me too...having boys is so messy! The days that I clean too much I feel guilty and the days that I don't clean at all it becomes a disaster... I am still searching for the balance (and hoping that soon my boys will be old enough to be more of a help around the house!)