Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life is good

I just got the news that I have been dreading to hear since last night. My uncle Mike's plane was found and he did not make it. Since I use this blog as part of my journal, I thought I would write about it. Mike Loveless is the real person who coined the phrase "Life is Good". I would hear it dozons of times each time I was with him - way before all the t-shirts, hats, and coffee mugs had it printed on them. I am going to miss him so much, but I know this is exactly the way he would like to go, doing something he loved and living life to its fullest. I am amazed at the comfort I feel. I have been fasting and praying since I heard the news and I knew this would be the outcome and it will be ok. My heart goes out to my cousins Spencer and Mika, and my aunt Colleen, I have never seen a couple show affection so openly. They are like a couple of newly weds non-stop!
Mike has taught me many things like:
*how to waterskii
*that it is possible to eat food off a street corner in Mexico and not get sick
*that it is a lot more fun to hang out on a beach on Christmas instead of doing presents
*really take in the moments around you and live it up
*find the true beauty in Lake Powell
*that a 50 yr. old can do more back flips in a row on a wakeboard than his 20 yr old son just to prove he can - what is Mike's record 8 ?!?!
*and most importantly to live each moment to its fullest and show the ones that mean the most to you that you love them and love the time you get to spend with them. I know there isn't one person that he knew that doesn't know that he loved them, because I know he loved me. I love you Mike.

4 comments:

Dial Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle!! That is devastating!! My heart and prayers both go out to you and your family!! Imagine a huge warm hug engulfing you right now girl!! LOVE YOU!!

PRP said...

I'm so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Annette Rose said...

So I didn't even know he was missing... That is so sad. He sounds like a wonderful guy. I am so sorry for you.

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose someone you love. Let me know if you need anything! Love ya!