Monday, April 5, 2010

So much to learn!


Jax has been learning and doing so much lately. I always think "I need to write that down". But maybe the reason I haven't got around to it, is because he keeps me BUSY!
He is starting to say a few more words now. He has been saying "Hi" and "nana(banana)" for a while now. The only signs he will do is "more" and "please".....yes, he loves to eat! :) He moves his tongue back and forth to make the lalalala for Elmo, he knows the sound for tiger, bear, dog and cow. My favorite new word right now is "thank you", it sounds more like "ta too"! So STINKING cute!
I think it is so funny how he says "baby" and is so excited to see other babies. A few days ago, I was holding Tiff's sweet little Stockton, and Jackson HAD to hold him. He sat down next to me and spread his little legs apart and would pat the chair until I put Stockton there. Then he would sit and hold him and say "saaaa(soft)". What a little sweetheart!
For Easter, he got a little stuffed Elmo. I knew he would like it, but he LOVES it! His face lit up so big when he got it.
Today, he was putting all the train tracks from the basket they belong in to the laundry basket and back again. He was determined to get them all moved and was so proud of his work only to move it back again. What is it about kids and laundry baskets? All my kids have loved them!
Even though Jackson is learning....I think I might be learning more. I am in awe at the love I have for him. He truly is a miracle, and I am so fortunate to be able to spend time with him and soak in his love that he offers freely. I am amazed it has been 19 months since I took him home from the hospital as a teeny-tiny newborn. I am so glad I have been home to enjoy every moment of this journey so far. I am very blessed to be called "MAMA"!

2 comments:

Candis said...

You are such a wonderful mom and example to me..miss ya girly

~ Katie said...

Love the post. Everything you shared about him is right on track with Dylan. Except the signing....he only shows drink. These kids are so much fun. Gotta love'em!