Thursday, August 28, 2008

All about the big day!

On Sunday night, I was scheduled to go in to be induced. Time seemed to slow down. I was all packed and ready to go and still had 5 more hours. It was very hard to wait, I just wanted to go have my baby. We checked in about 10:00 pm. They started me on cytotec which started contractions. The contractions were getting more and more uncomfortable and they told me I was in active labor. Then they asked me if I wanted a sleeping pill, which I happily accepted. When the nurse came back to check on me, she asked me my pain level. I said "zero". So then I had to wait til morning for the Dr. to give me pitocin. When the Dr. came in, he broke my water (yes! I love my Dr.).
Well, things progressed really well and the contractions were getting painful. I have been scared to death of an epidural. With my other 2 boys I opted for the pain vs. having a needle in my back. Yeah, I know, I'm not the smarted girl. The pain started getting bad and at 10:00 am Dr. Gabe came in to give me an awesome epidural. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.
After an hour, I started feeling some of the contractions. So I pushed the little button and felt much better. The Dr. checked me and I was dilated to an 8! The Dr. and nurses left to start getting everything ready. They thought the baby would be coming in a few hours. Well, a few contractions later, I felt some pain and "something" "down there". My good friends Annette and Sonja were there helping me and I asked Annette to look. Yes, she is a very good friend! She was very surprised to find that his head was out! Billy came walking in from telling a nurse to come in and he saw the head as well and yelled for the nurse and came over and caught little Jackson on his way out. Jackson had an arm up by his head and the cord over his head. Everything happened really fast and by the time Dr. Morrison came in, they were cutting the cord. He had said at one of my previous appointments that it would be easy-peasy-Japaneesy. Boy was he right! It was hard to watch them clean him up - I just wanted to hold him. He is everything I could ever dream or wish for! He is such a special baby and I love him more than I could ever say. Welcome to our family Jackson! You have made our family complete!
I can not tell you how excited the boys were to see their new baby brother. Austin said he wanted to show me how excited he was, yes a picture is worth a thousand words!

I could not sleep or stop smiling for a whole 24 hours after he was born. I am so excited to be a mom again. I love all my boys sooooooooooo much! They mean the world to me and am so thankful that I get to spend eternity with them. I love you Billy, Austin, Carson, and Jackson!!!

7 comments:

PRP said...

That is the best story! I'm so glad everything worked out well and that your friends were there to help you.

COngrats on a beautiful baby!

Tiffany said...

YAHOO!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you guys!!! You guys look so happy and that baby........ well.....lets just say that never take your eyes off of him because I might just have to take him for a while!!!!! He is sp perfect and beautiful! I love him and so does Paige!

Annette Rose said...

What a day! Is all I can say!! That was the most AWESOME expirience ever. Its so different than when it yourself, ya know. It was amazing. And you were a pro. And Jackson is just about the cutest baby ever. I am totally missing him this weekend. I may stop and see you guys before I go home to my own kids. I think I'm in love! Thanks so much for letting me be there, Jacob was so bummed that he missed all the excitement. We are so excited for you guys and love you!

Stowell Family Blog said...

I love that birth story, hard to beat that one! He definately looks like he belongs in your cute little fam. I'm glad you got some pics on here!! What a cute little baby, 3 boys are the best!

Mark & Sherin said...

congrats! you have cute boys for sure. i can tell they are yours. i am gald everything went great. miss ya, chev

The Ericksons said...

Hi Amanda- I came across your blog from Sharon's blog. How are you? It has been years since I have seen you. Scott and I are still happily married and have a 3 1/2 year old. My email is sericas2@msn.com and I would love to hear from you. It looks like your boys keep you really busy! Your family is so beautiful!
Stacy Erickson

~ Katie said...

Hey Amanda! CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you all. I'm glad you posted on my blog because I thought about you all August wondering when that baby was coming. What a great story to tell. Hope all is going well and I will try and call you this weekend. You have a cute family.

Aaaahhhh, the joys of boys!!!